Welcome to the West Virginia Hope Scholarship Program!
Hope Scholarship is the state’s education savings account program that gives parents an opportunity to build an individual learning experience that works best for their child. The scholarship allows K-12 students to receive financial assistance that can be used for tuition, fees and other expenses.
To qualify for the Hope Scholarship Program in the 2022-2023 academic year, a student must be a West Virginia resident and be one of the following:
- Eligible for or required to be enrolled in kindergarten
- Enrolled full-time in public elementary or secondary school in West Virginia for an entire instructional term of the 2021-2022 academic year
- Enrolled full-time and attending a public elementary or secondary school in West Virginia for at least 45 calendar days during the current instructional term at the time of application
Hope Scholarship students that have been awarded the scholarship, please utilize the link below to access your Hope account:
Click here to login
The 2022-2023 Hope Scholarship Application window closed May 16, 2022. If you are newly eligible for the Hope Scholarship Program or if you missed the application window and wish to apply, please complete the Hope Scholarship Application Request form below and return it to email@example.com.
Hope Scholarship Application Request Form
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO APPLY FOR THE HOPE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM:
- Parents/guardians must complete a letter of intent to participate in the Hope Scholarship Program. You are responsible for sending it to the county superintendent in your county of residence. CLICK HERE for a sample Notice of Intent letter that may be used. For incoming kindergarten students who do not yet have a WVEIS ID#, please mark “Incoming Kindergarten Student” in WVEIS ID# field. This will help county boards of education assign WVEIS ID#s to such students. Please note that the Notice of Intent to Participate in the Hope Scholarship Program is different from the traditional Notice of Intent to Homeschool. It is important to utilize the correct Notice of Intent language depending on which educational choice you are making for your child. See our Hope Scholarship FAQs for additional clarification regarding this issue.
- You must create an account through the Education Market Assistant (EMA) portal before applying.
- You will need your child’s WVEIS ID#. This is assigned by your County Board of Education. (For incoming kindergarten students, assignment of the WVEIS ID# will generally be triggered by submission of your Notice of Intent letter. See above for more information.)
- For helpful tips regarding the Hope Scholarship application process, CLICK HERE.
- For access to the Hope Scholarship Parent Handbook for the 2022-23 School year, CLICK HERE.
- For a video tutorial regarding the Hope Scholarship application process, CLICK HERE.
The Hope Scholarship Program is mandated by W.Va. State Code §18-31-1 et seq. and operating under the administrative law rule W.Va. Code St. R. 112-18-1 et seq. It was created by the W.Va. State Legislature in 2021 and is administered by the West Virginia Hope Scholarship Board with staffing provided by the State Treasurer’s Office. Account processing and administration is contracted through a third-party vendor.